Friday, September 6, 2013

Taro and belly of pork


Photo


Photo


Photo





Classic dish of my area. Taro/yam with belly of pork. Taro 

was a food eaten during the war, boiled and eaten without 

any dressing. The Pasifika and the Maories treat it as 

delicacy and boiled with coconut milk.  I am a freedom 

person, and follow no rules.  Here's my take.


Feature some of the classic foods enjoyed where you live. 


link to Mr Linky at the Friday shoot out link below.
http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com

6 comments:

  1. Quite exotic for me, but it seems like this is quite an everyday dish to you. Can you post some instructions on how to make this and can I substitute regular yam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't quite like the taste of yam, but interesting combinations nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen the Taro fields in Hawaii and they are beautiful. But I am allergic to coconuts -- and macadamia nuts (the latter, very badly), but I love yam and pork :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ann that actually look good. I started off readying this as the porl belly, that they serve in South USA that is awful, but your photos changed mt mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like taro but do like pork belly, I'd just pick the taro out! It looks very appealing in the last shot.

    ReplyDelete