Monday, April 14, 2014

Robert McKeehan

Robert McKeehan

Robert McKeehan became my facebook friend,
You may wonder why,
An American pastor became my friend.
He commented very nicely to a post,
I wrote about my church.
He was my pastor Jonathan Dove best mate at seminary.
That's how we became friends.

Death came knocking at his door,
He was just 41-42.
As a bereaved mum,
I am naturally more touched.
It wasn't so long ago,
when he was running.

This is a big New Zealand tree.
It is also a dying tree.
To Elizabeth, this tree is liken to Robert.
O death, where is thy sting?
O grave, where is thy victory?
My thoughts and prayers are for you.

Dad's best friend died suddenly at 40,
Dad and Mum took me to his house.
They told me to say comforting words to his daughter.
What was I, a 15 year old to comfort another?
Today, I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment