As if God heard me, and today I connected with an old FB friend.We had been FB friends for a long time, but we didn't know each other. I messaged him, and he told me his Dad ran the Bata shoes in Sibu, the town we grew up. And he knew my Uncle Kok Fei who taught him.
I edited an old blog post I did in 2013.
rieker shoes: My fore mothers may have march to war with unbounded feet, over the generations my feet and legs have become pampered. Found this pair of rieker shoes fitting my feet to a T. No more blisters.
Found this pair of shoes almost everything the manufacturer claims. I have very sensitive feet and decided to wear in this pair of shoes before I wear it when I go on my next trip. Usually, when ever I wear a new pair of shoes, my toes get blisters, but not this one.
Rieker Antistress ShoesLighter
- Specially produced components and a unique construction method ensure that Rieker shoes are extremely lightweight and comfortable.
- A snug fit at the heel prevents forward movement of the foot within the shoe thus allowing total flexibility and total comfort.
- Rieker shoes are especially flexible (no pinching) to give your foot freedom to move throughout the day whatever your tasks are.
- Flexible hand stitching within each shoe ensures the best fit at all times.
- The Rieker Antistress sole unit absorbs shock by spreading pressure over its entire surface for a more comfortable tread
- Differing sole types: PU soles (polyurethane), Rubber soles, Multicolour soles, Thermoplastic rubber (moulded)
- Special Rieker lasts (shapes) ensure that there is more room at the front of the shoe allowing extra space for your foot when you need it.
The Rieker StoryRieker Antistress have been making shoes for over 130 years. Herr Heinrich Rieker opened the first factory in 1874. When Heinrich died, ownership and management of the factory in Tuttlingen, near the German Black Forest, passed to his three sons Ernst, Heinrich Jnr and Karl. The company grew fast and by 1924 had over 1000 employees, which doubled by 1964. It has remained under family control ever since, and in 1975 Markus Rieker took control and has lead the company from strength to strength.
Rieker Antistress is currently undergoing rapid growth throughout the world - it operates its fully vertically integrated operations in 62 countries around the world and is one of the largest shoe manufacturers in Europe. Shoes are produced in eight different countries by factories owned by the company and produce over 50,000 pairs per day soon to be increased to 70,000 pairs per day. Development of new collections takes place at the original factory and the headquarters for the Rieker holdings company is based in Reiden Switzerland.