The term "toadstool" was often, but not exclusively, applied to poisonous mushrooms or to those that have the classic umbrella-like cap-and-stem form.
During my recent trip to Singapore, I forgot I was in Singapore and went for long walks, and I saw these mushroom/toadstool.
I was so hot that I wanted to faint. I don't think it was due to touching the toadstools. My maternal grandma would say," Silly girl."
We grew up heeding grandma's anecdote. The whole neighbourhood ate some mushrooms except her and 2 women. They fell into a stupor coma for 3 days. Grandma thought they had died. We joke that Grandma had tried to poison her mother-in-law. Grandma would eat any mushrooms, even bought us.