Friday, May 18, 2018

sister and serenity






Image may contain: one or more people
No automatic alt text available.



Grace Chan's photo.

Sister Judith, late of Bintulu, My Ah Do Jie , my second cousin, (her Dad, late Master Kok Fei, my Dad's first Cousin) died in 2016 at 7.30am Malaysian time.
She taught in Sarikei, Sri Aman and Bintulu convent Kindergartens. Those of you who went there and/or had children there would remember her.
As for me, I like to remember her in this photo. I was twenty. I can't remember what occasion it was. Was it to mark my going to Canada. My Ah Do Jie was always soft spoken, gentle and perfect for kindy kids.
My last memory of Ah Do Jie, was she rushed from Sri Aman to Kuching to see my Dad before he died. She didn't make it, but made it to his wake and funeral. She told me, "Your Dad, was not only my uncle, he was also a very good employer. Dad was the DEO."
Sister Judith to those who know her, will always be my Ah Do Jie.
She has fought the good fight. God has called her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment