Friday, May 24, 2013

Home remedy for a cold

My Ah Tai (great grand mother) was a very good home remedy doctor. People came from far and near for her treatment. She will be proud of me doing this post.

 Manuka Active UMF honey with pure lemon juice, stir with a wooden stick. Slurp little by little as though you are sucking a strepsil. This little jar of honey costs more than NZ$25. Some suggest a teaspoon of this good honey, but I feel it is too sweet for me.
 Grate some ginger, steep in hot water, when cool, add Honey. Hint, never add hot water to honey. It kills all the good properties of the active organism in the honey. Optional: add lemon rind juice and all to the ginger tea. Sometimes, I use wasabi, it clears the nose, and garlic. Caution: Garlic is very difficult to swallow, and the smell is very over-powering.


Not bother with home remedy, buy some vicks drops





These are very good for you.

Some Manuka honey has an antimicrobial property not shared by other honeys. This property is called the Unique Manuka Factor (UMF®) antibacterial property.

The little jar is UMF 25+. and is worth it weight in gold. It is good as a balm, when you are on the onset of a flu, it will help to check it in time. Though, I find it too sweet.

Every morning I take a teaspoon of the UMF 10 or 15 in a warm lemon or cider apple vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment