Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Living with the soil.



We love working with the soil, my brother Joseph is a lawyer, he has a beautiful garden. 

In the midst of a 21st century concrete jungle of Singapore, I protected myself with a green jungle, Nanyang technologgical University.  This jungle gave reprieve and enjoyment to my overseas friends. 

I had a gardening column in a website which provided a lot of information on "How to grow in a tropical island."

Here are just some of my plants.

Johor Ferns give a good carpet cover

I grew the bird's nest fern from a little seedling, and put it under a big tree.

Blue ginger aka galangal for curry, Thai and Chinese dishes.

Yellow ginger aka Tumeric,

Peace lily.

Dracaena

Pandan

Banana for fruit and leaves

Papayas.


The others are local herbs.

1 comment: