Saturday, April 6, 2013

Methodist school Reunion 111 years.




 


Thank you Chang Yi. The year was 1954, I was born that year. The yearbook is kept meticulously by Professor Xu, Father's student now in Xiamen  Univerisity in Fujian China.
http://sarawakianaii.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/meeting-professor-xu-qiaozhen.html 


Yesterday, my ala mata celebrated 111 years. Today I woke up wishing I had gone.  The Chans go back a long way with Methodist Secondary School. Shortly after the Second Worl War, after studying in Singapore, Father became a senior teacher. 

Elizabeth Kit Penn, Charles Chok Kwong, myself and Margaret Kit Yok were conceived there. Only Margaret did not study here.

I tell people I am a true blue Methodist student. I went through all my schooling in Methodist school, from Primary 1 to Upper six. Are there many out there that we can form our exclusive club.

The extended family of Chans who are associated include Uncle Fong Fei, (sorry you see half of his face), his daughter Catherine who worked as a Senior Assistant, Uncle Yun Fei, and many other cousins. Chok Dou and his wife Toh also taught there for a while.

Happy Birthday, my Mother School.

No comments:

Post a Comment